Bom Bom the Cacti- An introduction




Hi, I am Cheryl from Singapore. I started to like cactus since I was in Primary School when I first brought a cactus- Echinopsis chanaecereus f. lueta during a school field trip because I just thought it looked like a Banana.

After that when I walked by a nursery beside a library which I go often, I brought more and more cactus and placed them outside my house. A grafted Parodia leninghausii was one of my collection. After buying it, I seperated the cactus from its graft and named it Bom Bom as it was so fat and round. I started to like it more and more.

Unfortunately, all of my collection was stolen one night and I was left with nothing. My fever for cactus died. However, it came back again when I was working for my school internship programme when I saw Bom Bom's imitation sitting on a windowstill and the cleaner aunty told me what this Parodia Leninghausii had went through.

I started to borrow books about cactus to learn more about it and saw the wonderful pictures. They were so beautiful and unique and I decided to start a collection of my own.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cactus and Succulents!

My cactus and succulent collection as of 8 January 2010. I still find it amazing with a lousy handphone, I could still get such picture. It's time to get a new tray, and doing some reportting. =)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful collection you have going there. I am so sorry to hear about some bad person stealing your collection. I am glad that you took up collecting again. Good for you! Your photo turned out pretty good even with a cell phone! Hope to see more photos from you!

    ReplyDelete